Of course, I've also forgotten most of it.
About two weeks ago, I spent the entire day (10 hours, on and off the phone with support) getting Dale's computer on line. Then we took it upstairs and it quit working. I didn't have time to get back to it, but the last few days I brought it back downstairs and started going over it again. And again. And again. I uninstalled and reinstalled both driver and hardware more times than I remembered to count. I finally figured it out:
The old card didn't work, and I had put in another one, which was a newer model, but still old. The antenna on it wobbled around. So Dale took the antenna off the other and screwed it onto the newer one. Voila! Instant disabling of card.
So he's up and running. Finally.