Taro (mother2012) wrote,

Oh What Fun ...

I thought I would share with you my adventurous morning so far!

On the way home, on North Street, I got a flat tire! I couldn't pull over, and had to drive about 100 feet with it flat. I pulled over as soon as I got on Richmond. Sure enough; it was flat.

Yay! I had Fix-a-Flat!

Less 'yay', it was frozen. :( Big surprise there.

I held it in front of the heater vent.

Yay! We have heat in the car!

While I was holding there, I read the instructions, which I haven't done in years. It said, "If temperature is below 32 degrees, hold in front of car heater vent." Huh. What a thought. It also mentioned that the nozzle (whateverthenameofitis) on the tire should be *down*, so that the foam goes *down* out of the can. This I had not been following for low these many years, because I thought the foam should go *down* the inside of the tire!

Anyhow, the nozzle had happened to land *down* anyway.

So I held it in front of the heater vent.

I tried calling Robert, since I need to talk with him, but he didn't answer the phone.

I held the Fix-a-Flat in front of the heater vent.

I wondered whether, after getting it thawed, whether there would be anything left in it to do me any good, since it was not a new can. Usually, though, if I've used much of a can, I throw it away, knowing that a small amount won't do any good.

I tried to meditate, but it just wasn't happening.

I held the Fix-a-Flat in front of the heater vent.

After about a half hour, it thawed enough that I could feel a little movement when I shook it. This was decidedly hopeful.

I became acquainted with the games on my cell phone.

I held the Fix-a-Flat in front of the heater vent.

I 'enjoyed' the view.

I calculated how much it might cost to fix or replace the tire if it doesn't hold air.

I held the Fix-a-Flat in front of the heater vent.

After 51 minutes, the contents shook enough that I thought it might be ready. I gave it another 5 minutes to be sure.

I screwed it onto the nozzle. Nothing happened. I probably groaned. Frustrated, I whapped it lightly against the wheel.

Miraculously, it started working! Yay!

In a very short (*very* short) time, it stopped. Okay. Is the wheel actually off the ground? I think it is! Yay!


I drove home at 5 miles per hour. Richmond has an extra wide shoulder, so I could drive on the far right. Yay!

I stopped at the gas station near the house, and guess what? The air pump worked! Yay! I filled the tire! Yay! It held air! Yay!

Now if I can just remember to go out and check it every hour to make sure it's still holding, so that I can drive somewhere to do something about it if it doesn't ...

It's going to be a day of misery Miracles!
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.